Impact Data & Stories
The data below represents output data for every youth enrolled in programs for each of AALEAD’s outcome areas: Educational Empowerment, Identity, and Leadership and results from satisfaction surveys in FY17.
- 82% of all youth attended at least 3 career workshops
- 97% of Elementary School youth will participated in at least 2 life skills or study skills workshops.
- 100% of 5th grade youth will participated in one-on-one discussions about Middle School and be supported through the lottery process with an AALEAD staff member.
- 100% of High School seniors participated in one-on-one college prep discussions and were supported through the college application process with an AALEAD staff member
- 72% of all high school youth had college 2 college prep activities
- 86% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 5 Asian American Identity workshops
- 90% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 3 mental health workshops
- 88% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 3 cross-racial activities
- 91% of all youth participated in at least 3 leadership workshops
- 74% of youth completed at least 5 hours of Student Service Learning (SSL) activities
- 67% of Middle and High School youth led at least 1 activity
- 99% of Elementary School youth presented in front of the class
- 98% of Elementary School youth took on a classroom responsibility
- 61% of mentees planned at least 1 mentor/mentee outing
- 63% agree or strongly agree, Because of AALEAD, I have more educational goals and know how to achieve them
- 76% of youth agree or strongly agree that AALEAD has helped me to be more confident
- 83%, agree or strongly agree, because of AALEAD, I have more tools to manage my stress and emotions
- 74% of youth agree or strongly agree that AALEAD exposed me to other cultures besides my own and helped me to see similarities
- 88% of youth agree or strongly agree that I am a better leader because of AALEAD