Impact Data & Stories
The data below represents output data for every youth enrolled in programs for each of AALEAD’s outcome areas: Educational Empowerment, Identity, and Leadership and results from satisfaction surveys in FY15.
- 82% of all youth attended at least 3 career workshops
- 94% of 5th grade youth participated in one-on-one discussions about Middle School and were supported through the lottery process with an AALEAD staff member.
- 61% of High School juniors and seniors participated in one-on-one college prep discussions and were supported through the college application process with an AALEAD staff member
- 68% of High and Middle School youth knew a helpful resource teacher, college counselor, and/or school counselor and met with him or her at least once a semester.
- 88% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 5 Asian Pacific American Identity workshops
- 70% of all mentees participated in at least 3 cultural field trips or events with AALEAD mentors
- 85% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 3 mental health workshops
- 89% of all youth in after school programs participated in at least 3 cross-cultural activities
- 93% of all youth participated in at least 3 leadership workshops
- 73% of Middle and High School youth participated in at least 3 Student Service Learning (SSL) activities
- 74% of Middle and High School youth led at least 1 activity
- 99% of Elementary School youth presented in front of the class
- 98% of Elementary School youth took on a classroom responsibility
- 60% of mentees participated in at least 1 leadership activity/event with their mentor
- 60% of youth agree or strongly agree that because of AALEAD, I am more comfortable talking to my teachers, counselors, and school administration
- 70% of youth agree or strongly agree that because of AALEAD, I have more educational goals and know how to achieve them
- 74% of youth agree or strongly agree that AALEAD has helped me to be more confident
- 54%, agree or strongly agree, because of AALEAD, I have more tools to manage my stress and emotions
- 82% of youth agree or strongly agree that AALEAD exposed me to other cultures besides my own and helped me to see similarities
- 63% of youth agree or strongly agree that I am a better leader because of AALEAD