Asian American LEAD Youth Leadership Empowerment and Development (AALEAD) is a youth development organization that supports low-income and underserved Asian Pacific American youth with educational empowerment, identity development, and leadership opportunities through after-school, summer, and mentoring programs. Visit www.aalead.org to learn more.
Interns will provide support to staff and community members to enhance youth summer programs and support organizational capacity.
10 weeks; Expected start date on May 31, 2022 – August 5, 2022
Time Commitment & Pay
- 40 hours per week; scheduled during normal business hours Monday-Friday with option to work evenings or weekends for special events.
- $3,000.00 stipend
Internship Positions & Location
- Development & Operations Intern, Washington DC Office
- DC Summer Program Intern, DC Office & program site in NW Washington, DC
- Maryland Summer Program Intern, MD Office & Program site in Silver Spring, MD
- Virginia Summer Program Intern, program site in Fairfax County, VA
- Mentoring Program Intern, Washington DC Office
- Regional Offices
- Virginia and Washington DC Office: 5518 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20015
- Maryland Office: 15800 Crabbs Branch Way, Rockville, MD 20855
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Support in-person summer programming
- Develop curriculum sets for Summer and/or Fall 2022
- Collaborate with staff on event planning
- Assist with communications and social media
- Provide administrative support
- Support outreach to local and national Asian American and Pacific Islander organizations and leaders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite Applications
- Strong ability to multitask and work independently
- Commitment to positive youth development
- Sensitivity to the needs of refugee and immigrant children and families
- Access to reliable transportation
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster required
- Prior experience working with or supporting Asian American, immigrant, or youth of color.
- Fluency in any Asian language is preferred, not required
Application ProcessSend a resume, thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position & location preference in the subject line, e.g. “Application for DC Summer Program Internship”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.