AALEAD truly believes our youth are leaders. We believe in providing our youth options in their programs to build leadership skills for the future. Youth are given the platform to make decisions, take action, and see results to promote ownership of programs. Staff invest in developing opportunities for youth to engage in peer mentoring in AALEAD programs.
AALEAD’s Summer Programs allow youth to access more opportunities to activities, events, community engagement, and leadership development. They also give our staff more time to engage on a deeper level with each of our youth. Over the years, we have moved toward a youth-to-youth mentoring model where youth take ownership of their AALEAD Summer Program by being a part of the planning and facilitating process. High school youth are given the opportunity to facilitate programming for their younger AALEAD counterparts as well as their peers.
• At AALEAD, we help youth to access more opportunities for activities, events, community engagement and leadership development. The 2022 Summer Program theme is Crossroads: Your Journey Awaits. This year’s program will focus on the development of leadership skills, identity development, mental health and creative writing.
• In addition, there will be fields trips, game days, community service opportunities, and so much more!
• High School (8th-12th graders) | June 27th – August 5th, 2022
• Middle School (5th-7th graders) | July 5th – August 5th, 2022
• TBD (most likely Wilson HS or Deal MS)
Fill out the Interest Form below now and we will contact you with the details via email!